The build-it-yourself robot arm designed for the Raspberry PiBuy Now »
or learn more...
What is it?
The MeArm Pi is an easy-to-build robot arm kit that's designed to get children (and adults!) learning about technology, engineering and programming. It's been expressly designed to be easy to build (age 11+) and use.
At its heart is the Raspberry Pi, a low cost computer that has been developed to make learning about computing accessible and fun. It can be controlled directly through the on-board joysticks, or you can learn to code by making it move using one of the many programming languages run on the Raspberry Pi.
How do I build it?
The MeArm Pi has been designed from the ground up to be easy to assemble. Children can build it themselves and we suspect adults may be able to build it unaided too. The only tool you'll need to build it is a hex key, and we include one in the box!
How do I program it?
The big benefit of being integrated with the Pi is the access to all of the great programming languages that already run on it. We've put a lot of effort into making it simple to start programming your MeArm as soon as you've got it built. Here's a quick video demo:
If you've just received your MeArm, the fun's about to start!
Included in the box
- Plastic parts for the structure of the arm (comes in blue or orange)
- Socket head screws for easy assembling
- Hex key so you don’t need your own tools
- 4 Metal gear servos
- Raspberry Pi HAT with two on-board joysticks
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Model B+ models (including Zero modeos)
- Powered via micro USB (same as Raspberry Pi)
- Raspberry Pi image provided for quick start
- 4 degrees of freedom
- Browser-based programming